Wednesday 27 May 2015

Paintings of tulips in acrylics.

I have recently completed some paintings of tulips. These have been inspired by the lovely flowers in my garden and from visits to public parks such as RHS Wisley and Regents park in London.  All the work is in acrylic paint.




I did this as a small painting. Initially as a test for a larger painting. However, I ended up completing this one, as I enjoyed doing it so much!   Below is the larger version. I have changed the colours a bit, and the composition is a bit less busy.





The two paintings together, to get a sense of scale.




I also did the one below. This is a backlit study of tulips. The see through quality shows some interesting new shapes within the petals.


My next painting is a group of tulips, These were more white in reality. I really exaggerated the colours to get a more dramatic painting. I am not very good at painting white flowers, as I love big bold colours too much!!



Here are some of the paintings mounted and packed in cellophane ready for sale. I shall also sell these as prints. I may produce them as greetings cards later too.



Some of these are on sale in my Etsy shop  have a look here at affordable prices as I am selling direct to you!!  Others are available at Artfinder. there is a link on the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment